Thursday, June 19, 2008

Pay No Attention to the Brown Grass...

Our new playset is finally up. John got it done in a mere two days or so. I can't believe my egghead can be so handy too! Here are a few pics...and yes I know we need to water the grass now. Because right now it looks like the Scarecrow stepped on a landmine:

Sean surveying his new digs.
Feeling and looking cool in 100 degree weather.
Ah...a new place to take the car out for a spin.
If you build it, they will (not) come (back inside.) We do have a shade tent over it right now so we don't all get heat stroke. This whole week its been around 100 degrees outside. Ever see children three and one year old sweat? Real nice. Don't worry though, I'm keeping them hydrated and we are only out there early in the morning...much to the munchkins' chagrin. I can see the next thing I'll have to figure out is how to get two kids who can't swim into the pool at the same time all by myself. But I figure if I can lure two happy boys back inside with the promise of "Playground Lunch!" I can do anything.

8 comments:

  1. Oh how cool! Looks like they love it. Is that a treehouse in the back?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, its a treehouse the old homeowners left there. Its in terrible shape so I think we'll be tearing it down soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it Diane!! I've been waiting to see the pix and it looks like they are having a blast! I know what you mean about the kiddo's not wanting to come back inside! Isn't it nice?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool! Your backyard looks bigger too!

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's awesome Diane! Maybe John could restore the old treehouse in the back? That would be neat too!

    The swingset looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow what luckly little boys!
    They will have hours of fun!
    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  8. COOOL!! I think it's awesome!! Great pics!

    ReplyDelete