Tuesday, June 3, 2008

I Have Voted. Have You?


Today's election day. As usual, I've sent my ballot in weeks ago. And again, I voted the same way I do every election: Yes to cutting spending on certain initiatives and No on basically everything that AARP wants. Is it not enough that they get the 10% senior citizen discounts at restaurants and movies and we have to give up our seats to them on the bus? All the old people get all the good stuff.

This election was a small one. I believe there were only two issues on the ballot, but hey, I'm a good American...I vote no matter what. But I am waiting to see some certain things on my ballot. Like I would love to vote that old people (here comes the AARP bashing again!) should be required to take physical drivers tests to remain behind the wheel. I WISH I had the statistics of how many elderly drivers all over the country
barrel through farmers' markets each year. Even without the mass vehicular manslaughter, they either drive too slowly (usually right in front of me) or their reaction time isn't what it used to be. I heard that Russell Weller's garage wall was pummeled with dents and holes from where he didn't know how to stop his car when he was parking it!

Another one would be absolutely no playing on the McDonald's playground with 1) your shoes on and 2) when you're over the height limit. Parents thrown in jail for a weekend if their kid does both.

No car soundsystems should be loud enough to blow out my eardrums when I'm simply parked next to you at a red light. And don't pretend you can't hear me...you know who you are!

No more baggy below ass-crack pants on boys. While we're at it, no more muffintop specials on girls either.

No more lazy employees at Kmart. Don't act like its such a bother to help a customer. It wasn't my fault you made a lousy career choice, just like its not your fault I made a lousy shopping choice. Its just cheap stuff. But though its not Nordstrom's, still try to feign a smile. Its cheaper than cheap. Its free.

Just the tip of the iceberg of course. Just hope you voted today. Happy Tuesday!

1 comment: