Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I Hope Her Hand Cramps Up

So like a good lemming, I've been entering the Live with Regis and Kelly daily contest. I know, its sad but its just one of those things that a stay-at-home-mom does. After pulling the boys apart keeping them from killing each other and counting to three so many times during the day, Mama needs a little break while they take their naps and she reads her email and enters online contests. Its just part of my day.

According to the rules I am allowed to enter once a day, and I usually do. You also have to watch the show in case they call and ask a trivia question about the show the day before you know what the answer will be. I do this less consistently and always make a mental note to Tivo it, but I still haven't gotten around to that task. But anyway, that's not the point.

This morning the trivia caller was a woman who has won SIX times already, going for her seventh! They asked her how she keeps getting called and she says she sends in about 500 postcards for each contest! 500! I turned the TV off. I am crestfallen and just know they will never call me now...not with my pathetic once-a-day entries. Of course, before I could hit the OFF button she won another goddamned trip. I don't think what she's doing is considered cheating, but it certainly has the same effect to people like me who actually have a life and don't have time to fill out 500 bloody postcards. Ptthh!!!

2 comments:

  1. 500! I'd say that's cheating to! But here's hoping you get called soon! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, who has time to do 500 cards... who wants to fill out 500 cards??? *raises hand slowly* No I'm sorry I have to draw the line somewhere Diane. This lady has gone too far.

    Speaking of winning. Their was a story I read on the California Lottery site, a woman had been on the Lottery show over 5 times. All from entering the Fantasy 5 drawing. I bet she sends 500 in too!!! How could you be on so many times in the course of ten years?

    Competition too strong. Must resign, taking nap now ;) I leave the big wins to the 500 entry crowd. (Yea right!!!)

    ReplyDelete