Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Welcome to the Monkey House


This being my first blog, I debated whether to formally introduce myself to my potential readers or just jump right in and start bitching, er, I mean, blogging about my life. I figure I could kill two birds with one stone by forgoing the niceties and getting right down to business. After all, if you just read a bit, you'll get to know me pretty well. You've been warned.

But I will tell you the basics. I'm 37 years old, I live in Southern California with my husband and two boys, ages three and one. Yes, I am the only female in my house. I am a stay-at-home-mom, whatever that means anymore, since I rarely just stay at home. And, as the title implies...I chase my family around with my camera. I am the mother of all paparazzi. I am The Mamarazzi. Behold my greatness and my 4GB SD card.

My life these days is an endless string of playdates and doctor's appointments, followed by a flurry of trips to Disneyland, Sea World and the zoo. To all of which we have annual passes. Which means the fun won't stop until 2009 or, let's be real, until we renew them all again next year. In between these all-day excursions my husband John and I manage to carve out some time for each other and try to go on "dates" occasionally. Last one we went on was last Saturday. We had an unusual eight hours alone courtesy of MIL (mother-in-law, for all you non computer savvy people) and we went to dinner, bowling and saw the latest Indiana Jones flick. We had a great time. No need for restaurant high chairs, no messy chins to wipe, we even drank a fruity martini each. We felt like we were 32 again!

But I digress. This is my life and the simian-like beings who live it with me. I adore each of my little monkeys. So this is my blog. Welcome to it.





3 comments:

  1. I'm retarded and don't know how those feeds work. I know how my blog works though. I don't write much these days.

    ~ Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogging world! I love yours already :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute blog .... thanks for sharing! di.ahn :)

    ReplyDelete